Inheritance Tax Portfolio Service
If you are looking to mitigate inheritance tax, but concerned that you will lose control of your assets then the Inheritance Tax Portfolio Service may provide the solution.
What is it?
For people looking for peace of mind in retirement, the Inheritance Tax Portfolio Service provides a facility to mitigate inheritance tax by investing in a portfolio of qualifying shares listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). The portfolio is managed on a discretionary basis.
What are the benefits?
- Much quicker benefits than potentially exempt transfers - any money invested for more than two years attracts 100% tax relief on death. Potentially exempt transfers will take 7 years.
- Assets will remain in your own name, so you can keep control, unlike a trust.
- You speak directly to your investment manager.
What are the risks?
- Investments can fall in value and you may lose some or all of the amount you have invested.
- Tax treatment depends on the specific circumstances of each individual and may be subject to change in the future.
- There is an extra risk of losing money when shares are bought in some smaller companies, including penny shares, as there can be a big difference between the buying and selling price.
How much does it cost?
- An annual fee of 0.85 per cent of the value of the portfolio, plus VAT will be charged. Further charges may be levied, invoiced separately, and paid to your authorised professional adviser where agreed by you.
- Standard commissions on dealing. Please refer to the Guide to our Services and Charges.
Please note: minimum charges may apply.
If you require more guidance with investment decisions or wish to place the management of your portfolio in expert hands, please contact your local branch or call 0113 200 6560 and we will discuss with you the suitability of our services and products.
Call now for a no obligation discussion:
0113 243 6941
Use our enquiry form or write to us if you have any questions regarding our products and services.