Settlements and Internationals Assistant Manager
Date Posted: 10 March 2017
Expiry Date: 6 April 2017
Branch: Leeds (Head Office)
A vacancy has arisen within our Settlements and Internationals department for a full time Settlements and Internationals Assistant Manager reporting to the Settlements and Internationals Manager.
The main tasks of the role are:
- To assist the Settlements and Internationals Manager with internal communications to the teams e.g. team meetings, departments and branches.
- To assist with the day-to-day processes within the Settlements and Internationals team.
- To provide cover for the Settlements and Internationals Manager.
- To assist with the day to day administration of the teams and to update internal records as applicable.
- To deal with any written and telephone queries both internally and externally, in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- To assist in the development of procedures, rules and operational guidance of both current/new regulations.
- To assist/contribute to the business planning process for the development in conjunction with the Settlement and International Manager.
- To report any risks which may be detrimental to clients or to the firm’s reputation, which arise from inadequate procedures, systems or data handling.
- To assist with coordinating and monitoring risk management procedures and to report any risks which may be detrimental to clients or to the firm’s reputation, which arise from inadequate procedures, systems or data handling.
- To make recommendations on areas where improvements can lead to improved efficiency and/or a reduction in costs.
- To assist the Settlements and Internationals manager in the management of staff, including carrying out annual appraisals, six monthly reviews and PDPs, the monitoring and assessment of training objectives and implementing staff training requirements.
- To continue developing personal and management skills, mentoring others as needed.
- To help produce regular, adhoc and month-end report analysis of activities as necessary
- To carry out induction presentations.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the back office of a stockbroking firm, or similar financial organisation is essential, along with an awareness the Settlement process and knowledge of how financial markets operate. Previous experience of assisting with managing or supervising a team is also required.
The successful candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skill along with a high standard of organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Further to this, you should be able to give constructive but difficult feedback and be able to manage and mentor staff. Leadership skills, the ability to delegate tasks and people and performance management skills are also important for the role.
All applicants should be educated to A Level standard or equivalent, including a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including Maths and English) or equivalent. Additional you should have passed the L3 CISI IOC (IAQ) or be actively working towards the qualification.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
« Return to Current Vacancies